Am I the only one that finds this off-putting? Dating

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 29, 2012 at 06:29 AM

Hi all,

I joined GothMatch a few weeks ago and there is one thing that I can't help being put off by: people who refer to themselves as 'hot'. No, I don't mean I dislike attractive people but I find huge egos really off-putting. Whilst confidence is great, too much of it just makes me run a mile. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Lou
  • 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2016 at 07:02 AM

All in the eye of the beholder IMO.
    You can please some people some of the time but you cant please all of the people, all of the time.

• View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Dear LunaViolet,

No, you're deffinately not the only one. If you're pretty and you know you look good, people will give credit where it is due regardless if it's in your profile or not.
    Being modest is a skill that many haven't learnt to wield yet. Best thing to do is like you already said "run a mile", cause there's a good chance that person is sitting on a high horse.
    To me personally, it sounds a bit arrogant, if not, vein.

Greetings,

John.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2013 at 05:58 AM

Quoting KINGAGRIMAS:

What do you think is hot? I've found out what that hot today, does not necessarily hot tomorrow, if I might have born a few centuries back I would have considered as hot as the fire of hell (: But we all go and rot from day to day, so hold on a passing thing like this .. it's stupid,
    But if this creature with eternal life ..........

I think we all have different ideas of hot. Personally, my tastes are wide ranging whilst I love guys with long hair that resemble Tuomas Holopainen and Perttu Kivilaakso (i.e quite pretty), I also really like bikers (not Jax Teller type ones. I'd rather have Opie or Chibs any day. Sons of Anarchy charactersif you're wondering). I've no problem with facial hair, scars or a little bit of extra weight. Personality is a large factor for me, too. You could be my ideal guy looks-wise but if you're an arrogant, sexist, immature mummy's boy, you might as well be grotesque.

I look upon myself as barely average. I think women like Eva Green, Simone Simons and Amy Lee are hot.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 03, 2013 at 04:31 PM

I agree. It's really annoying.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 18, 2012 at 04:53 PM

Nah, I find it's vaguely annoying too. If people just want to get a hook-up out of this, create another account and say so, don't come off as being seriously vain.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2012 at 08:29 PM

Not at all, I thought that having you rate yourself was degrading
Follow - email me when people comment
Home | Website Directory | Product Directory | Coupons & Promotions | Site Map

Disclaimer | Contact Us | Add your Site | Tell a Friend | Weblog
About Us | Shopper Resources | Affiliate Program | Affiliate Marketing 101
Deal Alerts | Sign-Up for our Newsletter | Unsubscribe from our Newsletter |Privacy Statement

Millionaire Match Dating
CopyRight ©2001 - ConsumerMatch.com, All Rights Reserved
ConsumerMatch.com was formerly known as Shop-Links.net.