Its hard being a goth in Florida Friendship

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 13, 2014 at 02:19 PM

And theres not many places to hang out, Atleast not near my area. Anyone else reside in Florida? I could use some fun and weird people like myself to hang out with.

• 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 08, 2016 at 07:47 PM

I'm not one to go out much, but if you're close enough to Tampa, there's The Castle in Tampa. They have a goth / industrial themed kind of night there, or so I've heard. Oddly I've never been and I'm only 2 hours away. An easy drive too.. 

• View author's info Posted on Dec 01, 2015 at 02:38 AM

I know this is old but I also live in Florida. It's pretty difficult I agree. I live in Gainesville. The heat and lack of a scene here is annoying. 

• View author's info Posted on Aug 31, 2014 at 05:25 PM

Central Florida here-- and YES.

I tend to blend almost too well after having my son, but some of our conversations in person definately trip out the 'normal' people.

Luckily there are plenty of decent hiding place if you know where to look.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2014 at 08:22 PM

I know the feeling; I'm in SLC UT, Mormon central.

We certainly stick out (more than we usually would) in the sunnier parts of the world, but it's caused me more positive memories from the intrigue of normies than negative experiences.

For example:

Some children, walking home from church with their parents one morning, stared with grinning faces at the 'spooky' man crossing the street in front of them. I was carrying one of those pinkish boxes of sugar cubes (I had just attended an absinthe party the night before) and I could almost hear the parents say,
             "Don't look kids: that's a sinner! He'll tempt you away from God with sugar cubes and lies!"

Sometimes normies help us remember that we're members of our own special little group. 

Follow - email me when people comment
Home | Website Directory | Product Directory | Coupons & Promotions | Site Map

Disclaimer | Contact Us | Add your Site | Tell a Friend | Weblog
About Us | Shopper Resources | Affiliate Program | Affiliate Marketing 101
Deal Alerts | Sign-Up for our Newsletter | Unsubscribe from our Newsletter |Privacy Statement

Millionaire Match Dating
CopyRight ©2001 - ConsumerMatch.com, All Rights Reserved
ConsumerMatch.com was formerly known as Shop-Links.net.